Friday, February 7, 2014

Jesus Calling-Just What I Need



I had heard great things about the daily devotional, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young (available here) around the blogosphere for a while so I ordered it from a local book store for my mother-in-law for Christmas. The bookstore brought in two copies because they didn't know which style I wanted and on a whim I bought them both, one for me and one for her.
Sometimes it is the small things that make all the difference in the world. I can't even begin to tell you how the words on the pages seemingly jump out at me when I need them the most. It was as if they were put there at exactly the right time just for me.
This morning I read "Come to me for rest and refreshment. The journey has been too much for you, and you are bone-weary. Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion. Instead, see it as an opportunity for Me [God] to take charge of your life." Hallelujah we are not in this uphill battle on our own. We have a Savior who is here to carry us the rest of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)