Thursday, July 18, 2013

out for coffee v. 3


'Out For Coffee' is a series based on my love of catching up over a good cup of cofee with friends or re-charging with some alone time. So as I sit with with my cup of coffee in hand, here's what I would tell you if we were out for coffee...

If we were out for coffee I'd tell you that I stayed home from work today because I didn't feel well. This darn headache has got me down again.
I'd tell you that I spent most of the day thinking about life and heavy things that sometimes I think I'm crazy for thinking. I'd tell you that I prayed for Trayvon Martin's family today and it makes me so sad. It makes me sad that this turned into a case of black against white when really we're all the same. I am sad that one life was senselessly taken. I'm sad that thousands of lives are also taken everyday by war, famine, and greed.
I would tell you that this house is slowly becoming my home. That I love being a homeowner, but still wish I had a landlord to come and fix my washer. I'd ask your opinion on where I should hang my new Kal Barteski print and what kind of curtains you think would work in the living room. One's that these two little kitties of mine wouldn't destroy. Speaking of destroy, I'd show you the corner of my Bible that they chewed, those little boogers. I'd pretend to be mad at them but we'd both know I was lying and would kiss their little bellies all day long if I could.
I would tell you that I started sewing again the other night and it feels so good. Crafting is my happy place. I've come to realize that I have been spending way to many evenings wasting them away by watching TV and that I've really come to miss crafting, tidying up, and just being quiet for a bit. So often I have a TV show playing on the laptop while I mindlessly check blogs and pinterest on my iPhone at the same time. It has been a nice change to simplify for a bit.
Thanks for the coffee ladies, until next time!

see all other 'out for coffee' posts here

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better. I'm sure all your kitty cuddles will help ;) Crafting is definitely my happy place when I am stressed, keep it up. I love your projects! Speaking of which your coffee station is pretty sweet. I would love to make one, however the girls would constantly be into the bottom shelf, haha.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)