Thursday, May 24, 2012

postage stamp quilt

Remember all these little squares I cut?


Well I went ahead and cut even more for a whopping total of 672 and made a pretty little quilt top out of them...


I'm pretty fond of it, what do you think? I'm calling it my 'scrap happy' quilt. It seemed like a great idea at the time as a way of using up all my little scraps but what I failed to take into consideration when I decided to make this is that it is freaking 672 squares to match up the corners with! My goodness! I eventually just decided to roll with the un-matched corners, because really who cares, and now it just has that 'homemade touch'.....or maybe I'm just lazy.

I am planning on quilting zig zags on it and I already have a colorful flowery background to use. Now I just need to save up my pennies for some batting which I hate buying. At $14 a meter you would think they could at least make it a pretty color so it makes it more fun to work with!

1 comment:

  1. Love this quilt
    I am collecting my scraps for a scrappy style quilt as well.....only problem, I have made a lot of baby quilts so still look like baby stuff. I need to make a real grown up quilt.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)