Monday, February 13, 2012

scrapbook calendar: january

For Christmas I got a fun calendar from my mom which features a different scrapbooking layout and sample page for each month. I thought it would be fun to try and do each month's layout as a way to try new things in my scrapbooking since it is so easy to get into a rut.  Here is January's sample layout:


I love the colors that they used in this page, but opted for something different in my layout. This page shows something that Jordy and I do alot - play board games. It is one of my favorite things to do together and we often take Ticket to Ride or Crib to the coffee shop and play while sipping latte's!


I used some little staple details on various parts of the edge because I thought it mimicked the train tracks in the game.

I already have February's layout done so I'll be sure to post that sometime soon!

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I'd better get busy and keep up too. Great idea with the staples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout and love the game ticket to ride! So fun! What version do you have? I've only ever played the Scandinavian version.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)