Wednesday, December 8, 2010

christmas sweet treats


Here's a little recipe to jazz up your typical shortbread. I found this recipe via a little book that Robinhood flour put out.

Cranberry & White Chocolate Shortbread
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. corn starch
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. unsalted butter
3/4 c. icing sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. white chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour with corn starch and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat butter with icing sugar and vanilla until very creamy. Stir in flour mixture, then cranberries and chocolate chips. Using floured fingers, pat evenly into prepared pan. Using a fork, prick all over.
4. Bake in preheated oven 40-50 minutes or until deep golden brown around edges. Let stand and then remove from pan. Slice into bars while still warm.

My Notes:
When I made this I didn't realize that you needed butter and I didn't have any so I had to substitute with margarine. It still tastes good, but I am guessing that if I had used butter it wouldn't be so crumbly. Also, I used frozen cranberries not dried ones. I like the taste and look of real ones better but because they are so big they don't mix well and they make them harder to cut. I think I would make it again, but I will be certain to use butter and dried cranberries next time!

Enjoy your Christmas baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)