Wednesday, October 6, 2010

i also like to scrapbook


These two layouts are from my Israel scrapbook I'm working on from my trip last May. This album as has been a real challenge for me since I'm working with someone else's photos, not mine (ie they all disappeared off of my computer and no amount of crying or the help at an Apple store can bring them back) and also the pictures are almost all in the same brown color scheme. Something I have been working on doing is just telling the story. Documenting the pictures and adding my own personality to the pages. 
This past year I have really started to enjoy scrap booking again. I used to over analyze EVERYTHING until one day I finally realized that it's okay. Not everything has to be perfect, I don't have to live up to anyone else's standards, I can just be myself and express myself in my own creative way. I guess you could say that 'crafting' is a bit therapeutic for myself. 

1 comment:

  1. Exactly!!! You WILL get this album finished! The pages look great.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)