Monday, January 14, 2013

a wrap-up of sorts

I feel as though a wrap-up of sorts is necessary before I can jump into blogging 2013. This might be a bit scattered but bear with me because this has been nagging at the back of my mind to do for days now.
For those of you wondering, I did in fact finish my Christmas wall hanging that I shared some pictures in progress of here. I decided to leave it up hanging in my kitchen for at least a little while longer even though all the rest of the Christmas decorations came down at the beginning of the month.


I am really happy how it turned out, and for it being my first big applique piece I'm pretty impressed.

Second christmas-y project I finished was a tree skirt that I started here.


Quilting this turned into quite the challenge and I think I ended up ripping more out that I actually ended up sewing. I started with a red and green veregated thread that looked terrible, so out that came and white thread won out in the end.

I even ended up being able to finish a quilt for my mother in law. It was my first time making a full flannel quilt and after seeing how cozy the final product was I am tempted to make one for myself now.


Whew, so that's it for me, just a big post about Christmas craftiness! Bring it on 2013, we've got stuff to make happen!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, I'm glad you did a wrap up post. I was definitely wondering about the wall hanging, it turned out fabulous! Great work, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)