Saturday, November 10, 2012

christmas diy: tree skirt

I have been wanting a tree skirt since the day I bought our Christmas tree two years ago and have yet to find one in a store that I have liked. So, when the shops fail, it's christmas diy to the rescue! It's simple and repetitious, with a hint of whimsical charm, just the way I like it.



The pattern is from 'Charm School' which is a great book that features multiple small quilts all using charm squares so everything is quick to put together. It doesn't really take a rocket scientist, but if you are new to quilting and like step-by-step instructions, the book features this pattern in a quilt form and also a tree skirt form.
The green swirl print will be the backing and the navy with the tiny polka dots which I love will be used for the binding. The charm squares I used for 'Share the Joy' by Deb Strain for Moda.

I can't wait to decorate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)