Thursday, June 14, 2012

taking back my ground

The topic for the Beth Moore conference I went to last weekend was the theology of walking. At first that seems a little bit odd, but let me try to explain. Several times throughout the Bible God calls His people to walk in faith, to boldly go forward, to walk with Him, etc. Beth also explained how Satan will try and take the, metaphorically speaking, ground from us that we have obtained while walking in Christ. She asked us what area of our life we now felt further behind in than we once were. I cannot remember the area that she talked about from her own personal journey, but I remember her response to it. Once realizing how Satan had been stealing this area from her, she got real mad! It is a righteous kind of anger to be mad at how Satan has been attaching you, your family, or your relationships.

Well tonight I had one of those realizations. I have been completely controlled by fear. Not anymore though, I'm taking back my ground! I refuse to be governed by fear anymore, the irrational kind of fear that keeps me up at night and causes spontaneous bursts of tears. No, everything that happens to me will not be all positive and happy but I do not need to live in the fear that my marriage will end in divorce, something tragic will happen to my parents, I'll be fired on the spot and so on and so on. I'm taking back my ground!
Quite soon after signing up for pinterest I found this picture and pinned it to one of my boards:

To this day, this picture is still my most repinned pin (if you have no idea what I am talking about I apologize, but you'll have to check out pinterest!) and it made me think that maybe a lot of other people struggle with fear as well. Is it you? I hope and I pray, that as I work out not living in the bondage of fear anymore that you could find the same freedom.

"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."
Isaiah 41:13

"For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba Father."
Romans 8:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)