Tuesday, May 1, 2012

pin it // make it happen

It occurred to me a couple of days ago how I have hundreds of things 'pinned' on pinterest as inspiration and ideas and yet I have done maybe only one or two of them. I don't know if you are in a similar situation or not, but I thought I would take this time to hopefully inspire you to actually do some of those things on your pin boards that caught your attention in the first place.

First up for me was making these delicious looking stuffed sweet potatoes.


When I attempted to make these I had some serious issues with trying to leave the shell in tact so instead I just mashed up the sweet potatoes and put them in the bottom of a 9x9 pan and then layered the bean and corn mixture with the cheese on top. It reminded me of a mexican style shepherd's pie. It was delicious, and Jordy even thought so too! I will definitely be making this again.

Recipe alterations:
- Omitted cream cheese and sour cream
- Omitted peppers and cilantro and added green onions instead
- Used Monterey Jack cheese for the top


Is there anything on your pin boards you could tackle this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)