Friday, March 23, 2012

fruit salsa



please excuse the blurriness, we're having some technical difficulties!

Yum! This recipe is absolutely delicious and I wanted to share it all with you. I found the original recipe here and although I basically followed it I didn't measure anything, which seems to be how I do most things....

To make my fruit salsa I used kiwis, strawberries, apples, and blackberries. I added about a Tbs. each of white sugar and brown sugar and a generous Tbs. of haskap jelly. When I make it again I will skip the extra sugar since I found the fruit sweet enough on it's own.

For the cinnamon chips I took regular tortillas and spread a tiny layer of margarine on them and then sprinkled them with cinnamon and cut them into wedges. I then baked them for about 10 minutes at 350.

I think this would also taste amazing on a waffle which is what I plan on doing if there is any leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)