Friday, January 6, 2012

to resolve or not to resolve

source: unknown

If you know me at all you know I'm a big list maker, I love me a good list! However, when it came time to making my new year's resolutions I was stuck - I couldn't think of what I wanted to write, what I wanted to do, or even what I thought I should be doing this year. I thought about it for a couple of days, but I still couldn't come up with anything. I stumbled across this post though which gave me such a new perspective on it all. It is well worth your time to read.

It's not about what things I can cross off my list this year, what crafts I can make, what recipes I can try, or what books I can read before the end of the year. A new year is the chance to regroup and focus on what it is that He, my Creator, wants me to do and be. I am called to be...

... a wife
... a daughter
... a friend
... a servant of God

Those are the things that matter - those are the things I need to work on this year, not a jumbled list of things that I want or that I think I am entitled to.

That being said, I don't want you to misunderstand me. I still have goals and things I want to accomplish this year but they don't seem so important anymore, not in comparison to who God wants me to become anyways.

As Leslie says in her post: "So I guess my resolution is to do my current jobs well. To see my assignments as holy and valuable because they are from God Himself. I pray I can honor Him with my efforts." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)