Thursday, January 19, 2012

not made to be empty


Sometimes you will hear something that can leave such an impression on your heart and mind that you can't help but share. Tuesday night I had one of those moments where something just clicks and even though it's a relatively simple concept it was like I finally got it. You know what I mean? At Bible study we just started a new series by Beth Moore on the book of James in the New Testament, and in the DVD, Beth said,

The power of the resurrection means that nothing but the tomb is meant to be empty. 

Just think about that for a minute, that has the power to revolutionize our thinking if we'll let it. Let me explain, our lives may be difficult at times, and sometimes we might not even know how we're gonna make it through, but as difficult as it may be during a season, it was never meant to be empty. When we allow God to be at the center of our lives we never have to face empty promises from Him, empty heartache, empty longings, or empty dreams. God desires to fill us completely! 

I don't know about you, but I always try and cram so much 'stuff' into my life to make me feel satisfied. If I'm mad at someone or had a fight with Jordy my first instinct is to go and console myself by going shopping for things I don't even need. Or if I'm feeling really sad or depressed about something I start eating every sugary thing in sight in order to try and make myself feel better. The sad part is, is that it's all just stuff and it's never gonna fill us up or get rid of that empty feeling we have inside. 

God is amazing and desires for us to live so much more than an empty life! Where else can you be best friends with the King?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)