Wednesday, July 27, 2011

surprise party quilting!

What a quilting filled weekend I've had! My parents came visiting for the weekend and on Saturday my mom and I took a 'surprise party' quilting class that was hosted by one of the fabric stores in town. Basically what it is is an all day sewing event where the quilt kit is provided for you and you do not know what you are signed up to make until you get there. The event was held in the beautiful Temple Gardens spa and the hotel restaurant catered the lunch, it was delish!


Here we are with our finished quilts (minus the borders). The pattern we used is called 'variety show' and was designed by one of the girls from The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw. Mine has a this border the same color as the sashing and then a wide border in the mustard colored floral fabric. The fabric really is beautiful even if it isn't my typical color choice. It will be perfect for on my couch this fall.

Here are just a couple more pictures from the event:



Also this weekend I learned how to free-motion quilt as well as entered some pieces for the quilt show in the park. More pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)