Wednesday, December 15, 2010

gift tag diy

Hi there! Here's a fun diy for making your own gift tag's this year to help make your wrapping a little bit more personable. This is my first year making my own tags and I had so much fun doing it, that I think this will be a new yearly tradition!


To make these I took plain manilla tags (from any office store) and stamped a large capital letter on them for the initials of my family members using a versamark ink pad. Then I sprinkled them in red embossing powder and embossed them with a heat gun. Next I just added a simple heart and my name to show who is was from. On the other gift tag i selected a holiday text stamp and stamped it in red along one side. Super simple but I really like how they turned out. The embossing doesn't really show in the picture though which is unfortunate.


For wrapping this year I am sticking to a red, white and brown theme. Well sort of. I love the look of the using yarn rather than ribbon to tie some bows as well as using brown kraft wrapping paper which I bought from the post office. It really shows when you put even a little bit of effort into wrapping gifts and I think it fits in nicely with the pretty ornaments you have on your tree! 


Well I'm off to have supper and then finish up two more Christmas gifts I have to make, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)